The week-long festival will celebrate all things culinary with specially curated menus, chef cook-offs, virtual cooking classes and much more
The culinary capital of Qatar is getting ready to host its city-wide celebration of food, Doha Food Fest, running from October 25th – 29th.
The culinary extravaganza, brought to you by MoreCravings by Marriott Bonvoy, will feature more than 30 leading restaurants, 10 hotels and some of Doha’s most renowned culinary specialists and Michelin Star Chefs. Foodies can also expect a mouth-watering line-up of experimental culinary experiences including chef cook-offs, mixology classes, exclusive dining and tasting menus, plus much more!
Safak Guvenc, Area Vice President – Gulf, Levant, Pakistan & Turkey, Marriott International commented, “We are delighted to be putting the spotlight on everything that Doha has to offer when it comes to food as part of Doha Food Fest 2020. The festival will showcase the culinary talent in the city, including some of the world’s most renowned restauranteurs, chefs and culinary entrepreneurs. We look forward to welcoming foodie-fans to a memorable realm of experiences for Doha Food Fest 2020.”
Designed for food fans of all ages, Doha Food Fest will have something on offer to suit every taste bud and budget. Here is a selection of what you can expect to find at Doha Food Fest 2020:
Chef’s Table with Pino Lavarra, Food Lab (Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Doha)
- An unparalleled culinary experience with Michelin-Starred Executive Chef Pino Lavarra. Foodie-fans will have the opportunity to learn from the best in a full step-by-step cooking class followed by an exclusive 5 course dinner by Chef Pino Lavarra himself. Taking place on the 29th October for QAR 999 per person.
The St. Regis Culinary Journey (The St. Regis Doha)
- Join us on a culinary journey and explore the renowned St. Regis collection of restaurants while overlooking the fabulous poolside and Doha skyline. Guests will be able to indulge in light bites and sampling menus from award-winning St. Regis outlets including Si at the St. Regis, Astor Grill, Al Sultan Brahim and Vine, in addition to the signature themed nights including Makimono Night, Si Siniorita, Al Sultan Mezze selection, Seafood Night and Barbecue Night. From 27 – 29 October 2020, from 7pm – midnight. Starting from QAR 295 per person.
Virtual cooking class: Decadent Italian Desserts with Chef Morena Miotto (W Doha)
- Ever wanted to learn how to cook the perfect Tiramisu or Panna Cotta? Join acclaimed Chef Moreno Miotto’s virtual cooking class, which will take you through the secrets behind some of Italy’s most renowned desserts. Available to access by visiting https://www.morecravings.com/stories/the-ultimate-tiramisu-recipe-la-spiga-style
Traditional Zarb at the Sharq Village & Spa (a Ritz-Carlton Hotel)
- During Doha Food Fest, the Sharq Village & Spa team will celebrate the traditional cuisine with Zarb. Zarb is a traditional Bedouin underground oven used by nomadic herding peoples in the Arabian Peninsula. The unique cooking technique of Zarb includes digging a hole in the soft sand, filling the hole with coal and leaving the food to cook undisturbed for several hours. More information can be found at https://www.morecravings.com/venues/the-zarb-experience
Virtual panel: Rachel Morris (Life of the Wedge)
- Listen in for a passionate virtual discussion with Doha’s leading foodies about the local food scene, hosted by Rachel Morris – Qatar’s most prominent food and travel blogger, known from Life on the Wedge and find out what drives the industry and what are the hottest R&B trends on the horizon that will take us through to the World Cup in 2022.
Shay & Khafayef – High-tea Experience at Atrium Lounge (Sheraton Grand Doha)
- Following Sheraton Grand Doha’s ‘Destination Flavor’ theme for Doha Food Fest 2020, Atrium Lounge will offer a specially curated menu focusing on traditional flavours from Qatari, Turkish, Lebanese and Moroccan cuisines and more. Taking place from 25 – 29 October for QAR 149 per person including one hot or cold beverage.
Designed for families and individuals alike – Doha Food Fest 2020 promises a memorable, exciting and educating festival, celebrating the best of food in the city. The full line-up of experiences as part of Doha Food Festival 2020 can be found here Dohafoodfest.qa.
In line with directives from local authorities and ongoing efforts to safeguard public health, Marriott International properties across Qatar have enhanced their cleaning and safety measures to ensure that all hotels and restaurants remain a comfortable and safe environment for guests.
For further information, please visit: www.dohafoodfest.qa