Shop Qatar 2020
– Everything You Need to Know –
In its fourth edition, Shop Qatar returns for a colourful celebration of the country’s retail and entertainment offerings. The 25-day festival invites residents and visitors to explore and enjoy Qatar’s diverse retail offering including everything from luxury malls and high-end boutique venues to themed, entertainment-rich shopping centres, as well as authentic souqs and bazaars.
Festival Dates 7-31 January 2020
Official Festival Partners
Ministry of Commerce – Qatar Airways – Katara Hospitality and Ritz Carlton – Alfardan Automobiles-BMW – Vodafone – Qatar Television – Al Hazm
Reasons to Shop Qatar
1- Discounts & prizes: The festival will be offering fantastic discounts of up to 70%. When shoppers spend QAR 200, they will get a chance to win 6 cars and cash prizes worth more than 2 million QAR.
2- There’s something for everyone: This festival will blend tradition with modernity, entertainment with shopping, and exciting events with elegance.
3- Curated Fashion & Culture experiences: Shop Qatar offers experiences that are designed for visitors and residents to conveniently explore Qatar’s retail, hospitality, fashion and cultural offering. This year marks the start of the Qatar-France Year of Culture, and SQ 2020 ends with weeklong Chinese New Year celebrations, showcasing designs from both.
Shop & Win
Shop Qatar 2020 has 12 retail partners in Doha and beyond. They include: Al Mirqab Mall, AlKhor Mall, City Centre, Doha Festival City, Gulf Mall, Hyatt Plaza, Lagoona Mall, Landmark Mall, Mall of Qatar, Villagio, & The Pearl-Qatar and Galeries Lafayette. These partners will be providing discounts of up to 70% on a range of consumer goods including clothes, electronics, cosmetics and accessories for men, women and children.
Travel & Stay Package Deals
Qatar Airways Holidays is offering fly & stay packages to visitors from both Oman and Kuwait. These include return flights, two nights (plus breakfast) at 5, 4 and 3-star hotels, and a free shopping transfer tour.
Ease of Access
The Ministry of the Interior (MOI) is offering visitors a more streamlined application process through its new Visa Portal. Applications will be processed within 24 hours for those identifying Shop Qatar as the reason for their visit.
Weekly Raffle Draws
Shoppers who spend QAR 200 at any of the participating retailers can enter a weekly raffle draw for a chance to win cars and cash prizes worth more than QAR 2 million. The raffle draws will be held at 9:00 pm every Friday during the Festival (17th, 24th and 31st of January), with 12 cash prizes worth QAR 330,000 and two cars to be won each raffle.
|1st Raffle Draw||2nd Raffle Draw||3rd Raffle Draw|
|The Pearl*||Doha Festival City*||Mall of Qatar*|
|10,000 QAR||5 winners||10,000 QAR||5 winners||10,000 QAR||5 winners|
|20,000 QAR||4 winners||20,000 QAR||4 winners||20,000 QAR||4 winners|
|50,000 QAR||2 winners||50,000 QAR||2 winners||50,000 QAR||2 winners|
|100, 000 QAR||1 winner||100, 000 QAR||1 winner||100, 000 QAR||1 winner|
| Mini Cooper Hatchback
|1 winner|| Mini Cooper Hatchback
|1 winner|| Mini Cooper Hatchback
|BMW 730 Li||1 winner||BMW 730 Li||1 winner||BMW 730 Li||1 winner|
Fashion-forward shoppers can catch a glimpse of the latest couture and ready-to-wear fashion at Shop Qatar’s Fashion Shows. 20 international, regional and local designers will be showcasing their Spring/ Summer collections 2020 from 23-27 January.
- Fashion show at Shop Qatar Opening Ceremony on 7 January at Baraha Downtown Msheireb by Faith Connexion and Hind Al Rumaihi. (By invitation only)
- International fashion show at Al Hazm on 23 January featuring: Ahmed Talfeet – Laith Maalof – Baris – Naja Saade – Amjad Al Adab -Toufic Al Hassan – Saeed Malas
- Fashion show featuring international celebrity designer Nicholas Jebran at Al Hazm on 24 January
- Kids fashion show at Mirqab Mall on 24 January showing Al Mana Group brands
- Fashion show at Al Hazm on 25 January featuring local designers: Soleil Abayas – Al Dukan – Modish – Sarmad -Sheen Design -Shaden -Lady Aysha -Tamader Al Sultan – The Black Pearl, Tamader Al Sultan – Tamadr – Waad
- Al Hazm collection fashion shows at Al Hazm from 26-27 January
- Chinese fashion show at Al Hazm on 29 January featuring celebrity designers Lan Yu and Grace Chen.
Seats are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Pre-registration is required and can be done online; more information can be found on shopqatar.qa or at the Shop Qatar registration desk.
Make-up, Hair & Beauty Masterclasses & Workshops
Style-savvy residents and visitors are invited to learn about the newest trends in the world of fashion and makeup through a series of masterclasses and workshops with celebrity makeup artists and influencers:
- Masterclass with Hanan Al Najada (4-9pm) on 14 January at Park Hyatt Hotel (QAR 1,000 entrance fee. Seat available: 150. Tickets available at Virgin)
- Makeup activation by Hanan Al Najada on 13 January at DFC (No entrance fee- open to public)
- Makeup workshop with Dalal Al Refai on 18 January at Lagoona Mall – 51 East (No entrance fee- open to public).
In-mall Entertainment & Activations
Throughout the festival, all participating malls will host free roaming shows and family-friendly entertainment as well as a colourful lights and confetti show every weekend.
Shows & Activations:
- Masha and The Bear at various malls from 9-15 January (3 shows a day)
- Shaun the Sheep at various malls from 16-22 January (3 shows a day)
- Justice League Parade at various malls from 21 to 31 January
- Bein Family Game Show at Mirqab Mall from 23-24 January and 30-31 January at 3-pm
- Solo musicians at various malls: 9-11 Jan, 16-18 Jan, 24 Jan and 31 Jan
- Lights and confetti show at various malls throughout the festival
- Siwar Choir on 17 January at The Pearl-Qatar after the first Raffle Draw at 9:30 pm
- Disney in Concert with Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra from 17-21 January at QNCC. Ticketed Show
The festival will see a host of live music concerts featuring Pakistani and Indian artists:
- Sonu Nigam on Thursday, 23 January at Asian Town Amphitheatre
- New Year Concert at 7:30-9:30pm Monday, 25 January at Katara Opera House
- PK Music Festival at 7pm Friday, 30 January at QNCC
- Video Games Live at 8-11pm Saturday, 31 January at QNCC
Chinese New Year Celebrations
- Dragon Parade at various malls from 25-31 January
- Drums Show at various malls from 25-31 January
- Chinese arts & crafts activities at various malls from 25-30 January
- Fashion show at Al Hazm on 29 January featuring Chinese celebrity designers Lan Yu and Grace Chen
A partnership with Careem provides a credit of 50% to shoppers using the service to visit participating locations during Shop Qatar.
Find Shop Qatar online